action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:0
All Sections
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:67
Welcome guest, you have 2 views left. | Register | Sign In


Barn destroyed in Claremont fire


CLAREMONT — A burning pit too close to a barn caused a fire that destroyed a barn, small outbuilding and pickup truck at 456 Chestnut St., according to Fire Capt. Jeff Morin.

Morin said the fire was reported shortly before 6 p.m. Friday and was threatening to spread to neighboring properties. He said the property owner, Michael Cooke, did not have a burning permit for the fire pit he used to burn debris.

He said firefighters were able to keep the fire from spreading to other properties and had it under control by 6:30 p.m. He estimated the fire caused about $60,000 worth of damage.

action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:88
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:64
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:2
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:

        

FOLLOW US
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow our RSS feed
Union Leader app for Apple iPad or Android *
Click to download from Apple Apps StoreClick to download from Android Marketplace
* e-Edition subscription required

More Public Safety


NH Angle - Public Safety