345 wins and counting
Plymouth football legend Lenahan to call it a career
Lenahan, 70, recently revealed that this season will be his last as Plymouth Regional High School's football coach and athletic director. He's in his 43rd year at each position.
Some of the numbers: Lenahan will enter the 2013 season with a career record of 345-69-1. Plymouth won its 19th state championship under Lenahan last season, when he guided the Bobcats to an undefeated season for the 13th time. Plymouth has strung together 46- and 57-game winning streaks with Lenahan on the sideline. The latter streak was the longest in the nation in 2010.
"The one thing that stands out to me about Chuck is his attention to detail and his organizational skills," longtime Plymouth assistant coach Chris Sanborn said. "There's no limit to the amount of time and effort he'll put in.
Lenahan, who is also known for his dry sense of humor, is currently a member of the NHIAA football committee. He said that's a position he may retain.
Lenahan grew up in Mechanic Falls, Maine, and graduated from Plymouth State University. He was inducted into the National High School Hall of Fame in June.
"It's a tremendous school and administration," Lenahan said. "I'll miss the relationships you have with the coaches and administrators. There's a lot of camaraderie there with the people you work with. One thing I've realized is how lucky I am to coach the kids that I have — that's what I'll miss the most.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
- Gaming authority offers regulatory structure - 0
- Portsmouth man gets prison for sex assault of disabled woman - 0
- Wolfeboro nursing home evacuated after minor chemical spill - 0
- Dover woman admits to bank robberies in two states - 0
- Motorists injured in two car collision on Route 9, Spofford - 0
- Arrest made in attempted robbery of Littleton gas station - 0
- Ex-Littleton man sentenced to prison for DWI crash - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Budget gets House OK, heads to Senate
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained