Home » Opinion » Editorials
Aid to Egypt: Realism over idealism
Egypt is not a nation that will become a tolerant, liberal republic if only free elections are held. It is a nation in which factions are fighting to see which one gets to impose its views on everyone else. Easing the Muslim Brotherhood's path back to power is not in our best interests. That is the likely result of suspending aid on the condition that the military take its hands off the Brotherhood and rush to hold new elections.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'