Home » News » Public Safety
Jaffrey motorcyclist, 65, critical after Dublin motorcycle crash
Wayne E. Phillips, 65, of Jaffrey was traveling north on Lower Jaffrey Road/Route 137 when he lost control of his 1983 Kawasaki 550 motorcycle coming around a corner near the intersection of Route 137 and Goldmine Road, Police Chief James Letourneau said.
Phillips was lying in the roadway when police responded around 2:45 p.m.
"Passing motorists had stopped on both sides of the intersection to protect him from being struck by another vehicle," Letourneau said.
Ambulance workers took him to a field off Route 101 where the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Advanced Response Team helicopter picked him up and flew him to UMass Memorial Medical Center in Worcester, Mass.
Speed and alcohol do not appear to be factors so police are looking into a mechanical issue with the Kawasaki, because it was an older motorcycle, he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police ready to make a wardrobe change - 0
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- Derry fire displaces five - 0
- Two fall about 50 feet from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Driver was trying to kill himself
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072