Home » News » Public Safety
Jaffrey motorcyclist, 65, critical after Dublin motorcycle crash
Wayne E. Phillips, 65, of Jaffrey was traveling north on Lower Jaffrey Road/Route 137 when he lost control of his 1983 Kawasaki 550 motorcycle coming around a corner near the intersection of Route 137 and Goldmine Road, Police Chief James Letourneau said.
Phillips was lying in the roadway when police responded around 2:45 p.m.
"Passing motorists had stopped on both sides of the intersection to protect him from being struck by another vehicle," Letourneau said.
Ambulance workers took him to a field off Route 101 where the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Advanced Response Team helicopter picked him up and flew him to UMass Memorial Medical Center in Worcester, Mass.
Speed and alcohol do not appear to be factors so police are looking into a mechanical issue with the Kawasaki, because it was an older motorcycle, he said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 40
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads