Home » News » Public Safety
Jaffrey motorcyclist, 65, critical after Dublin motorcycle crash
Wayne E. Phillips, 65, of Jaffrey was traveling north on Lower Jaffrey Road/Route 137 when he lost control of his 1983 Kawasaki 550 motorcycle coming around a corner near the intersection of Route 137 and Goldmine Road, Police Chief James Letourneau said.
Phillips was lying in the roadway when police responded around 2:45 p.m.
"Passing motorists had stopped on both sides of the intersection to protect him from being struck by another vehicle," Letourneau said.
Ambulance workers took him to a field off Route 101 where the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Advanced Response Team helicopter picked him up and flew him to UMass Memorial Medical Center in Worcester, Mass.
Speed and alcohol do not appear to be factors so police are looking into a mechanical issue with the Kawasaki, because it was an older motorcycle, he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'