Home » News » Public Safety
Jaffrey motorcyclist, 65, critical after Dublin motorcycle crash
Wayne E. Phillips, 65, of Jaffrey was traveling north on Lower Jaffrey Road/Route 137 when he lost control of his 1983 Kawasaki 550 motorcycle coming around a corner near the intersection of Route 137 and Goldmine Road, Police Chief James Letourneau said.
Phillips was lying in the roadway when police responded around 2:45 p.m.
"Passing motorists had stopped on both sides of the intersection to protect him from being struck by another vehicle," Letourneau said.
Ambulance workers took him to a field off Route 101 where the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Advanced Response Team helicopter picked him up and flew him to UMass Memorial Medical Center in Worcester, Mass.
Speed and alcohol do not appear to be factors so police are looking into a mechanical issue with the Kawasaki, because it was an older motorcycle, he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
- Stove ash blamed for Manchester garage fire - 0
- Derry Battalion Chief calls firefighter son a 'hero' for rescuing two boys from Hood Pond - 1
- Epsom trucker, 65, killed in I-93 crash in Salem - 0
- Two taken to hospital after suffering burns in Wolfeboro house fire - 0
- Crews on scene of accident on I-93 in Salem - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 0
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 0
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 0
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 1
- Malkin, Crosby foil Bruins in overtime - 0
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Randy Johnson, Pedro, Smoltz lead HOF ballot
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.