Home » News » Public Safety
Jaffrey motorcyclist, 65, critical after Dublin motorcycle crash
Wayne E. Phillips, 65, of Jaffrey was traveling north on Lower Jaffrey Road/Route 137 when he lost control of his 1983 Kawasaki 550 motorcycle coming around a corner near the intersection of Route 137 and Goldmine Road, Police Chief James Letourneau said.
Phillips was lying in the roadway when police responded around 2:45 p.m.
"Passing motorists had stopped on both sides of the intersection to protect him from being struck by another vehicle," Letourneau said.
Ambulance workers took him to a field off Route 101 where the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Advanced Response Team helicopter picked him up and flew him to UMass Memorial Medical Center in Worcester, Mass.
Speed and alcohol do not appear to be factors so police are looking into a mechanical issue with the Kawasaki, because it was an older motorcycle, he said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
- Woodshed restaurant fire investigation continues - 0
- Lincoln officer, Woodstock firefighters credited with saving homeowner's life - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Fire destroys Keene house, no one injured, but pets missing - 0
- Arbitrator finds Manchester had 'just cause' to fire Coco - 16
- New Hampshire's homeless remembered in Laconia vigil - 0
- Keene fire destroys house, no injuries reported - 0
- State agrees to delete toll booth photos - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sales of new limited edition ‘Old Man’ liquor bottles will help fund Hall of Flags restoration project - 0
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 4
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072