Home » News » Public Safety
Gun threat at Manchester library prompts call to police
No weapon was shown and no one was hurt in the incident that happened about noon at the 405 Pine St. main library, van Zanten said. The man left on his own with few, if any, other patrons aware of what happened.
Officers arrived to find the man driving away in a car, which they pulled over about four blocks away.
Police did not charge the man because a verbal threat not witnessed by police is a misdemeanor-level offense, Tessier said. Should police press charges, they would obtain an arrest warrant, she said.
The patron was upset "because he could not make a transaction without his library card," Tessier said.
"I don't think this was aimed at any particular staff member," she added.
The patron was ordered to not trespass at either the main library or the West Side branch, van Zanten said.
"My staff is well trained in security measures and they did exactly what they were supposed to do...I'm very proud of them," van Zanten said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinneRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 0
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
- Manchester Marathon day to draw about 1,700 runners - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Londonderry vs. Salem is a playoff contest - 0
- Another View - Jeanne Shaheen: What it means to put New Hampshire first - 2
- Another View -- Scott Brown: To change direction, we need to change senators - 6
- Patricia LaFrance: For Hillsborough County Attorney - 1
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 6
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four