Home » News » Public Safety
Gun threat at Manchester library prompts call to police
No weapon was shown and no one was hurt in the incident that happened about noon at the 405 Pine St. main library, van Zanten said. The man left on his own with few, if any, other patrons aware of what happened.
Officers arrived to find the man driving away in a car, which they pulled over about four blocks away.
Police did not charge the man because a verbal threat not witnessed by police is a misdemeanor-level offense, Tessier said. Should police press charges, they would obtain an arrest warrant, she said.
The patron was upset "because he could not make a transaction without his library card," Tessier said.
"I don't think this was aimed at any particular staff member," she added.
The patron was ordered to not trespass at either the main library or the West Side branch, van Zanten said.
"My staff is well trained in security measures and they did exactly what they were supposed to do...I'm very proud of them," van Zanten said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rymes Oil employees pull Bradford man from flaming wreck, but driver succumbs to injuries - 0
- Keene man killed in work accident in Troy Monday - 0
- Teen driver dies after being pulled from icy waters in Londonderry - 8
- Trio escapes Claremont fire after smoke wakes resident - 0
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries in Little Cohas Brook crash - 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- PSNH says storm ranks as 4th largest for peak outage - 0
- Henniker police shoot suspect in truck heist - 0
- More than 200,000 New Hampshire customers without power - 0
- Thanksgiving travel a nightmare as storm dumps heavy, wet snow - 3
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats put selves in strong position - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl: Crusaders aim to rewrite history - 0
Person found dead in Manchester alley
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket