Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester YWCA hardening rules to prevent violence
The changes follow the Aug. 11 murder-suicide by Manchester resident Muni Savyon of his 9-year-old son and himself. Savyon, the subject of a restraining order because of threats he made against his wife, could only see his son during supervised visits.
On Wednesday, the YWCA invited parents to the Concord Street building to discuss the changes to the visitaton center. According to the memorandum, the changes include:
• Each person who enters the building for a visit must have a photograph on file. That includes other children, grandparents and support people.
• Non-custodial parents will no longer be able to bring items to the visit.
• Manchester police will have an officer on site when the visitation center is open, at least until unspecified repairs are made to the building.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 0
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 4
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Hockey: Teams anxious to play - 0
- Manchester Mayor Gatsas: Vote tells me Hooksett is satisfied with Manchester schools - 5
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown doles out $29k to NHGOP committees from his PAC
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal