Back on campus
New Keene State president welcomes freshmen
Keene State College's new president, Dr. Anne E. Huot, at right, greets freshmen and their parents on move-in day Wednesday. (MEGHAN PIERCE/Union Leader Correspondent)
The New Hampshire native, who has been living outside of her home state for the past 28 years, wanted the new students to feel at home at Keene State as she does.
"I went from the University of New Hampshire to the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Hanover, and in 1985 I went to the University of Vermont, and this is my first time back living in the state. So it's a big deal. I'm excited," Huot said Wednesday.
"My heart hurts, it literally hurts," one freshmen mother, Robin DePaolo of Nashua, told Huot.
Most recently, she served as provost and vice president for academic affairs for six years at the College at Brockport, State University of New York.
"So we want to grow and expand those," Huot said. "And I want to make sure we are sensitive to the regional needs of our workforce and want to provide as any educational experiences as possible to improve the economy."
"It's bigger than last year's class. Our residential halls are full," Huot said.
Huot has a B.S. in medical technology from the University of New Hampshire, an M.S. in medical technology from the University of Vermont, and a Ph.D. in cell and molecular biology from the University of Vermont.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Creating a place of honor for servicemen lost of sea - 0
- NH Veterans Briefs: Help sought to place cemetery wreaths - 0
- Mason man pens book on veterans - 0
- Non-profit receives grant to get veterans on the move - 0
- Housing vouchers are available for veterans - 0
- Bedford Women's Club to recognize veteran - 0
- Students, veterans will be recognized for making state tree decorations - 0
- NH Veterans Briefs: Sweeney Post events - 0
- Commentary- Mary Tamposi: Let's bring an end to homelessness among veterans - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads