Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Meredith man charged with selling heroin that killed Moultonborough man
On Tuesday, police arrested Andrew R. Currier, 50, after an ongoing investigation into the May 29 death of Jason Dostie, 31, of Moultonborough.
Detective Cpl. John P. Eichhorn said the investigation showed that Currier "provided the controlled drug, heroin, to (Dostie), which subsequently resulted in his death."
Eichorn said the investigation continues and anyone with information is urged to contact him at the Meredith Police Department, 279-4561.
According to his obituary, Dostie was raised in Meredith and graduated from Inter-Lakes High School. He was employed as a machinist in Meredith at the time of his death.
Belknap County Attorney Melissa Guldbrandsen said the state law pertaining to the matter allows for a maximum penalty of life in prison for offenders.
"The significance of this law is that it is a strict liability statute for drug dealers," Gulbrandsen said.
"It serves a dual purpose of holding drug dealers responsible for their conduct, and it serves as a deterrent to other drug dealers by telling them they could go to jail for life if one of their buyers dies," she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 0
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 0
- Three boys accused of vandalizing Lakes Region Boys and Girls Club - 0
- Confessed burglar tells investigators pair 'did it for the thrill' - 0
- Bow man robbed at gunpoint near YMCA - 0
- Sex offender sought for failing to register turns himself in - 0
- Raymond man convicted in second sexual assault case - 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Big tipper stops for lunch
Driver was trying to kill himself
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424