Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Meredith man charged with selling heroin that killed Moultonborough man
On Tuesday, police arrested Andrew R. Currier, 50, after an ongoing investigation into the May 29 death of Jason Dostie, 31, of Moultonborough.
Detective Cpl. John P. Eichhorn said the investigation showed that Currier "provided the controlled drug, heroin, to (Dostie), which subsequently resulted in his death."
Eichorn said the investigation continues and anyone with information is urged to contact him at the Meredith Police Department, 279-4561.
According to his obituary, Dostie was raised in Meredith and graduated from Inter-Lakes High School. He was employed as a machinist in Meredith at the time of his death.
Belknap County Attorney Melissa Guldbrandsen said the state law pertaining to the matter allows for a maximum penalty of life in prison for offenders.
"The significance of this law is that it is a strict liability statute for drug dealers," Gulbrandsen said.
"It serves a dual purpose of holding drug dealers responsible for their conduct, and it serves as a deterrent to other drug dealers by telling them they could go to jail for life if one of their buyers dies," she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- “The VA has pointed me in the right direction,” he said. - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424