Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Meredith man charged with selling heroin that killed Moultonborough man
On Tuesday, police arrested Andrew R. Currier, 50, after an ongoing investigation into the May 29 death of Jason Dostie, 31, of Moultonborough.
Detective Cpl. John P. Eichhorn said the investigation showed that Currier "provided the controlled drug, heroin, to (Dostie), which subsequently resulted in his death."
Eichorn said the investigation continues and anyone with information is urged to contact him at the Meredith Police Department, 279-4561.
According to his obituary, Dostie was raised in Meredith and graduated from Inter-Lakes High School. He was employed as a machinist in Meredith at the time of his death.
Belknap County Attorney Melissa Guldbrandsen said the state law pertaining to the matter allows for a maximum penalty of life in prison for offenders.
"The significance of this law is that it is a strict liability statute for drug dealers," Gulbrandsen said.
"It serves a dual purpose of holding drug dealers responsible for their conduct, and it serves as a deterrent to other drug dealers by telling them they could go to jail for life if one of their buyers dies," she said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 25
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483