Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Chester man to be sentenced Sept. 16 for sex assault of girl
Gary Britton, 60, will learn his sentence Sept. 16 once probation officials complete an investigation and recommend a state prison sentence.
Britton’s sentencing was initially set for Friday, but probation and parole officials said they needed more time to complete their report.
The prior conviction makes him eligible for a 20- to 40-year prison term on both sets of charges.
In May, Britton was convicted by a jury of sexually abusing the girl on an ongoing basis for four years starting in 1991 when she was 9. A week after being convicted in that case, he pleaded guilty to 10 counts of possession of child sexual abuse images found on his computer.
Britton was hit with an avalanche of charges stemming from the Sept. 22, 2011, search of his home computer.
Chester police obtained an arrest warrant and charged Britton with failing to register as a sex offender, and his landlord called police when he discovered child pornography in plain sight on the computer.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Man, woman charged in 3 Kensington burglaries - 1
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 0
- UPDATE: Convicted sex offender turns himself in - 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 1
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 1
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- Anderson lewdness trial is delayed - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 5
- John Stark's 'We the People' gears up for civics competition - 0
- PSNH on defense over scrubber cost 'escalation' - 3
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424