Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Chester man to be sentenced Sept. 16 for sex assault of girl
Gary Britton, 60, will learn his sentence Sept. 16 once probation officials complete an investigation and recommend a state prison sentence.
Britton’s sentencing was initially set for Friday, but probation and parole officials said they needed more time to complete their report.
The prior conviction makes him eligible for a 20- to 40-year prison term on both sets of charges.
In May, Britton was convicted by a jury of sexually abusing the girl on an ongoing basis for four years starting in 1991 when she was 9. A week after being convicted in that case, he pleaded guilty to 10 counts of possession of child sexual abuse images found on his computer.
Britton was hit with an avalanche of charges stemming from the Sept. 22, 2011, search of his home computer.
Chester police obtained an arrest warrant and charged Britton with failing to register as a sex offender, and his landlord called police when he discovered child pornography in plain sight on the computer.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 0
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 0
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 2
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 0
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
- Dover man accused of robbing woman at knifepoint - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 0
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 0
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth, PSU hit road for tourneys - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
John Stossel: Budget baloney
Several union deals on Windham ballots
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax