Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Chester man to be sentenced Sept. 16 for sex assault of girl
Gary Britton, 60, will learn his sentence Sept. 16 once probation officials complete an investigation and recommend a state prison sentence.
Britton’s sentencing was initially set for Friday, but probation and parole officials said they needed more time to complete their report.
The prior conviction makes him eligible for a 20- to 40-year prison term on both sets of charges.
In May, Britton was convicted by a jury of sexually abusing the girl on an ongoing basis for four years starting in 1991 when she was 9. A week after being convicted in that case, he pleaded guilty to 10 counts of possession of child sexual abuse images found on his computer.
Britton was hit with an avalanche of charges stemming from the Sept. 22, 2011, search of his home computer.
Chester police obtained an arrest warrant and charged Britton with failing to register as a sex offender, and his landlord called police when he discovered child pornography in plain sight on the computer.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester carpenter, 51, arraigned in Nashua child sexual assault - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 2
- Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced - 0
- Man claims rights were violated during investigation - 0
- DWI license revocations - 0
- Salem man arrested for alleged bathroom videotaping - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPS driver charged in hit-and-run at Merrimack business - 0
- Bella, a chihuahua mix, is still missing in Auburn - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 1
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 32
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
- Obama to announce ramped-up efforts to beat Ebola - 0
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917