Londonderry road race will benefit chef battling cancer
Brian Winer, a 2004 graduate of Londonderry High School and executive chef at Crave Brasserie and Wine Bar in Amesbury, Mass., has been battling stage IV metastatic melanoma of the brain and lung since early June 2012.
This past February, Winer found himself in the Massachusetts General Hospital Emergency Room after experiencing another setback.
Winer’s sister, Jessica Leavitt, said her brother is currently being treated with a new course of drugs and while some of his tumors appear to be shrinking, he still has a long road ahead.
Registration starts at 8:30 a.m., with the race to begin at 9:30 a.m.
To register online, visit www.millenniumreg.com/2013-cook-up-a-cure-for-brian.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.