Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Alleged drunk driver likely to face new charges following death of passenger
Shackelford was injured Saturday night when a vehicle driven by Lacey Lane, 22, also of Manchester, struck a flatbed tractor trailer unit parked on the side of the road in the area of 1733 Wellington Road.
Shackelford was transported to the Elliot Hospital after the crash at about 10 p.m. Saturday and was then airlifted to Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, where he died.
Lane was initially charged with felonies of operating under the influence of liquor/drugs, operating after suspension/revocation and reckless conduct and was released on $1,000 cash/surety bail, scheduled for arraignment in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division Sept. 4.
Tessier said earlier that if Shackelford died, Lane's charges could be amended to reflect that.
Full text of earlier article continues below.
Alleged drunk driver could face tougher charges if gravely-injured passenger dies
A 24-year-old Manchester man is in critical condition in a Boston hospital with injuries suffered in the crash.
Lacey Lane, 22, is free on $1,000 cash/surety bail, currently scheduled for arraignment Sept. 4 in Manchester District Court on felony charges of operating under the influence of liquor/drugs, operating after suspension/revocation and reckless conduct.
One passenger, Joshua Shackelford, 24, of Manchester, was transported to Elliot Hospital with life-threatening injuries and later airlifted to Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston.
A second passenger in Lane's vehicle, Kristina Longley, 21, of Loudon, was treated for serious but not life-threatening injuries at the Elliot Hospital. Lane was treated for minor injuries at Elliot Hospital and released.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- Rochester shooting investigated - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Sen. Ayotte vows to fight on after her military sex assault bill passes - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus