Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Alleged drunk driver likely to face new charges following death of passenger
Shackelford was injured Saturday night when a vehicle driven by Lacey Lane, 22, also of Manchester, struck a flatbed tractor trailer unit parked on the side of the road in the area of 1733 Wellington Road.
Shackelford was transported to the Elliot Hospital after the crash at about 10 p.m. Saturday and was then airlifted to Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, where he died.
Lane was initially charged with felonies of operating under the influence of liquor/drugs, operating after suspension/revocation and reckless conduct and was released on $1,000 cash/surety bail, scheduled for arraignment in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division Sept. 4.
Tessier said earlier that if Shackelford died, Lane's charges could be amended to reflect that.
Full text of earlier article continues below.
Alleged drunk driver could face tougher charges if gravely-injured passenger dies
A 24-year-old Manchester man is in critical condition in a Boston hospital with injuries suffered in the crash.
Lacey Lane, 22, is free on $1,000 cash/surety bail, currently scheduled for arraignment Sept. 4 in Manchester District Court on felony charges of operating under the influence of liquor/drugs, operating after suspension/revocation and reckless conduct.
One passenger, Joshua Shackelford, 24, of Manchester, was transported to Elliot Hospital with life-threatening injuries and later airlifted to Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston.
A second passenger in Lane's vehicle, Kristina Longley, 21, of Loudon, was treated for serious but not life-threatening injuries at the Elliot Hospital. Lane was treated for minor injuries at Elliot Hospital and released.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Knife-wielding robbers target two stores in Manchester - 2
- Former county corrections officer drops appeal of his firing - 0
- Salem man facing charge for attempted murder of mother - 0
- Mass. man charged with sex assault of teen in Nashua - 0
- Plaistow lawyer indicted in fatal boat crash - 2
- Another arrest made after Exeter drug sweep - 1
- Manchester Crimewatch: City man accused of assaulting toddler - 0
READER COMMENTS: 8
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Shaheen, Ayotte on opposite sides of procedural vote on budget compromise - 3
- Snow slows NH rush hour; cancels many evening events - 1
- NH ranks first in controlling infectious disease, according to report - 1
- Nashua Board of Education signals new leadership - 0
- Water Works tax agreement moves closer to approval - 0
- Pinkerton, Memorial deadlock - 0
- Concord's Law is Athlete of the Month - 0
Blue Jays knuckler may be headed to NH
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
State agrees to delete toll booth photos
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424