Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Mother charged in son's death out on bail
Unique Gould, who had been at the Valley Street jail in Manchester since her arrest this past spring, was released last week after having her bail reduced.
Judge Jacalyn Colburn granted a motion to amend Gould's bail conditions. According to court records, Gould has been ordered to abide a 7 p.m. curfew and not travel outside of New Hampshire.
Catherine Devine, assistant county attorney, requested that a no contact order be entered to prevent Gould from contacting the child's father, Christopher Parr of Berlin. That motion was granted earlier this month.
Gould's public defense attorney, Anthony Sculimbrene, previously described this as a "very sad case." In a prior statement, Sculimbrene said his client asserts her innocence.
Police allege that Gould repeatedly hit Devon on the buttocks and head on April 25. After the child went to sleep shortly thereafter, he slept for up to 20 hours before Gould placed him in the shower and shook him in an attempt to wake the toddler, according to prosecutors.
Following the boy's hospitalization, Gould was interviewed by two detectives, at which time she allegedly acknowledged spanking her son on April 25, according to court documents.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
- Following drug bust, questions raised about Manchester pizza restaurant - 1
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Fathers of injured teens pleased with order sending back Coco to jail - 0
- Exeter man arraigned in pair of Portsmouth armed robberies - 0
- Pa. man will go to trial for two-state chase - 0
- Arrest made in fake Nashua bomb threat - 0
- Two of Gregory Smart's killers nearing release - 15
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges for Nashua men - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
Alewives and leeches; fireworks in the rain
- Total Votes: 917