Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Manchester police investigate gunpoint robbery
MANCHESTER – Police are searching for a gunman who robbed a man walking home Tuesday night from Cumberland Farms on Hanover Street.
James Garcia, 30, told police he was in the alley southwest of Maple and Hanover streets when a man came up behind him and told him to “run your pockets.” Garcia turned around to find a large gun with an extended clip, similar to a “tech-9” gun, pointed at his face, according to a police news release of the incident.
Garcia gave up some cash and his cigarettes and the robber fled with them, running east in the alley toward Maple Street.
The robber is described as a thin black man in his 20s, about 5-foot-10 to 6-feet tall. He was dressed completely in black – shirt, pants and baseball hat – and had a mask covering the lower portion of his face.
Garcia told police he believes two other men, who he saw nearby just before he was robbed, may have been with the robber. The only description he could give of those men was that they were either black or Hispanic, average height and wearing either gray or white shirts. One was thin, while the other was heavyset.
Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth teen accused in DWI crash waives hearing - 0
- Derry man faces child sex abuse images possession charges - 0
- Man arrested after two-state pursuit facing more charges - 0
- NH man sought in connection with Maine murder arrested on unrelated charges - 0
- Man accused of burglarizing state police barracks garage claims his rights were violated - 0
- Marriott's parents to face killer at his sentencing next month - 0
- Second arrest made in Portsmouth store robberies - 0
- Probable cause hearings set for pair facing series of drug charges - 0
- Arrested school construction employees back at work in Unity - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels on Motor Sports: Youngsters eye NHMS - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 1
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 7
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release
Ayotte calls again for FCC reform
- Total Votes: 917