Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Manchester police investigate gunpoint robbery
MANCHESTER – Police are searching for a gunman who robbed a man walking home Tuesday night from Cumberland Farms on Hanover Street.
James Garcia, 30, told police he was in the alley southwest of Maple and Hanover streets when a man came up behind him and told him to “run your pockets.” Garcia turned around to find a large gun with an extended clip, similar to a “tech-9” gun, pointed at his face, according to a police news release of the incident.
Garcia gave up some cash and his cigarettes and the robber fled with them, running east in the alley toward Maple Street.
The robber is described as a thin black man in his 20s, about 5-foot-10 to 6-feet tall. He was dressed completely in black – shirt, pants and baseball hat – and had a mask covering the lower portion of his face.
Garcia told police he believes two other men, who he saw nearby just before he was robbed, may have been with the robber. The only description he could give of those men was that they were either black or Hispanic, average height and wearing either gray or white shirts. One was thin, while the other was heavyset.
Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 0
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 4
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal