Goffstown resident Garrison receives footballs, offers
Garrison, a 6-foot-4, 218-pound wide receiver who will soon be starting his second season with the Lawrence Academy football team in Groton, Mass., has four scholarship offers and it appears many more will soon be headed his way.
Garrison played football at Goffstown High School as a sophomore, but then transferred to Lawrence Academy, where he repeated his sophomore year. He'll be a junior this season.
Garrison, 17, also plays linebacker/strong safety for Lawrence Academy, but college coaches are recruiting him to play on the offensive side of the ball. Recruiting services like ESPN's Recruiting Nation and Rivals.com list Garrison as a tight end because many schools project him as an H-back receiver in college, but he may have changed some opinions with his performance at BC camp this summer.
"When you see him on film what jumps out at you is he almost seems like he should be smaller than he is because of some of the things he can do on the field," Zukauskas said. "He has playmaking ability. He has the physical attributes to get the ball. He can jump up over kids and get the ball, and he can break tackles, too.
"I know he's a little bigger and a little stronger than he was last year, so physically he hasn't peaked, either."
"Right now I just want to focus on the football season," Garrison said. "I'm trying to stay open as long as possible. We'll see what comes along."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- David Harsanyi : What the Pope gets wrong about capitalism - 0
- Bob Witkop: Obama is not the only one to blame for Obamacare - 24
- Jonah Goldberg: Coming to grips with the rise of the machines - 3
- George Will: The choices we have on Iran - 0
- Roger Simon: We should not be in Afghanistan next year - 3
- Charles Krauthammer: America in retreat, allies abandoned - 0
- Charles Lane: A Social Security fix that fixes nothing - 26
- Fergus Cullen: Baines and Bramante modernize education for the iTunes era - 2
- John Stossel: Want to give back? Start a business - 9
READER COMMENTS: 33
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
John DiStaso's Granite Status: National Democratic chair to speak at NHIOP in January; Cataldo backs Kenney for Executive Council
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840