Goffstown resident Garrison receives footballs, offers
Garrison, a 6-foot-4, 218-pound wide receiver who will soon be starting his second season with the Lawrence Academy football team in Groton, Mass., has four scholarship offers and it appears many more will soon be headed his way.
Garrison played football at Goffstown High School as a sophomore, but then transferred to Lawrence Academy, where he repeated his sophomore year. He'll be a junior this season.
Garrison, 17, also plays linebacker/strong safety for Lawrence Academy, but college coaches are recruiting him to play on the offensive side of the ball. Recruiting services like ESPN's Recruiting Nation and Rivals.com list Garrison as a tight end because many schools project him as an H-back receiver in college, but he may have changed some opinions with his performance at BC camp this summer.
"When you see him on film what jumps out at you is he almost seems like he should be smaller than he is because of some of the things he can do on the field," Zukauskas said. "He has playmaking ability. He has the physical attributes to get the ball. He can jump up over kids and get the ball, and he can break tackles, too.
"I know he's a little bigger and a little stronger than he was last year, so physically he hasn't peaked, either."
"Right now I just want to focus on the football season," Garrison said. "I'm trying to stay open as long as possible. We'll see what comes along."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- An NSA setback: Fourth Amendment wins first round - 15
- Fetal homicide: A compromise at last? - 4
- Freedom & discovery: A mathematician gets noticed - 0
- Preventing Newtown: Background checks won’t - 29
- Taunting taxpayers: Manchester teachers union won’t budge - 35
- Insurance choices: Shaheen, Shea-Porter, Kuster mislead - 19
- Looking for Abigail: Public can help find her - 3
- Riding lessons: DRED improves horse rules - 5
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 15
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840