Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Manchester man killed by Weare police was low-level dealer of hard drugs
Twice in the last four years, Nashua police arrested Alex Cora DeJesus following multiple drug sales. The amounts were small, the drugs were hard, and the buyers were confidential informants.
Those who knew DeJesus said he didn't have the guns or intimidating swagger that one envisions at the words "drug dealer."
"If they had said he was armed, I wouldn't have believed it," Jsirandanis said. "He was just a laid-back guy who made money the easy way."
Most of his acquaintances said they weren't surprised that DeJesus was involved with drugs. But they described him as quiet, nice or friendly.
Manuel Gonzalez, owner of R&E Grocery on the corner of Merrimack and Maple streets, said DeJesus was nice. He came in often, buying a pack of Newport cigarettes and either a single Corona or Heineken beer, Gonzalez said.
According to records at Hillsborough County Superior Court South, Nashua police arrested DeJesus in 2009 and 2011.
Heriberto Ozoria, owner of Eddy's Hair Salon, said he hired DeJesus out of a halfway house. DeJesus worked at the Maple Street barber shop for about five months, before Ozoria fired him this past spring."He did a good job (cutting hair). I don't know why he didn't keep it as a profession," Ozoria said. But DeJesus came in late to work and wouldn't listen to Ozoria. His boss suspected him of drug use, perhaps marijuana.
DeJesus lived in an upstairs apartment on a two-story building on Maple Street between Hanover and Amherst streets. The names on the mailbox read Cora DeJesus and Scott, although the neighbor, Betty, said he lived alone.
The landlord said DeJesus' distraught father came by Friday and asked to gather his son's belongings. But when Jsirandanis opened the apartment, it had been burglarized. A safe was smashed, TVs were gone, and clothes were strewn around the apartment.
New Hampshire Union Leader Correspondent Kimberly Houghton contributed to this article.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
- Following drug bust, questions raised about Manchester pizza restaurant - 1
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Fathers of injured teens pleased with order sending back Coco to jail - 0
- Exeter man arraigned in pair of Portsmouth armed robberies - 0
- Pa. man will go to trial for two-state chase - 0
- Arrest made in fake Nashua bomb threat - 0
- Two of Gregory Smart's killers nearing release - 15
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges for Nashua men - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
- Total Votes: 917