Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Man faces tampering charges connected to city homicide
MANCHESTER — A city man is charged with tampering with a witness in the homicide investigation into the May 18 shooting death of Mark Donnelly on Prospect Street.
No one has been charged with the murder of Donnelly, a 31-year-old father of two, however.
“The investigation is open and ongoing,” said Senior Assistant Attorney General Jeffery A. Strelzin.
Haidar Adams, 37, of 140 Central St., was indicted by a grand jury in Hillsborough County Superior Court, Northern District, on three felony charges, including witness tampering and two counts of assaulting a police officer. The indictments were issued Friday and made public Tuesday.
The grand jury also brought a misdemeanor charge of resisting arrest against him.
According to the indictments, two days after the murder, Adams told a woman named Christine Rolfe not to tell police she saw him with a man named John Ramos the night Donnelly, 31, was shot and killed.
The assault indictments allege on May 24 Adams hit Officer Robert Bellenoit's hands and pinned him against an elevator wall when the officer tried to remove him from the elevator.
Donnelly, a noted graffiti artist originally from Nashua but who lived and worked in Manchester, was heading back to a friend's college graduation party at a Penacook Street apartment on May 18 when he was shot and killed.According to Donnelly's fiancee, Vanessa Hall, he was with two friends. The trio had a confrontation with a woman who asked them for money. She told them she would be back with her boyfriend and when the group neared Pine Street, a sedan pulled up alongside them and a man inside pulled out a gun and shot Donnelly, Hall said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 4
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 4
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424