Your Turn, NH -- Ron Penczak: As an American, I'm fed up
Welfare fraud and the illegal immigration issues need to be resolved. People on welfare should be forced to take drug tests, ensure dollars spent are only for necessities, and to search for work, even if it is to pick up trash in the cities or parks. Illegal immigrants, if they aren’t deported, should be forced to adhere to all the rules that legal immigrants follow.
We have proven we can’t vote them out of office, but we can encourage them to put this process in the hands of qualified management personnel. By this I mean have our congressional leaders identify corporate managers who have turned around floundering major organizations to become profit-making firms.
Ron Penczak, a retired member of Raytheon management in Burlington, Mass., lives in Salem.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fleeing hostile states: Gun makers will travel - 6
- Voting in NH: Not just for NH residents - 20
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 6
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 3
- 'Economic patriotism'; tax rates and border jumpers - 6
- Do the job, leave; a NH candidate makes sense - 7
- Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH - 5
- Innis with terrorists? A low blow from Guinta - 2
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 12
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 0
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
- Jays' Stroman stymies Red Sox - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
When company comes, opt for variety
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride