Your Turn, NH -- Ron Penczak: As an American, I'm fed up
Welfare fraud and the illegal immigration issues need to be resolved. People on welfare should be forced to take drug tests, ensure dollars spent are only for necessities, and to search for work, even if it is to pick up trash in the cities or parks. Illegal immigrants, if they aren’t deported, should be forced to adhere to all the rules that legal immigrants follow.
We have proven we can’t vote them out of office, but we can encourage them to put this process in the hands of qualified management personnel. By this I mean have our congressional leaders identify corporate managers who have turned around floundering major organizations to become profit-making firms.
Ron Penczak, a retired member of Raytheon management in Burlington, Mass., lives in Salem.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man who shot Huskies was worried he would be target of animal rights groups - 20
- Police say three Huskies missing in Merrimack were mistaken as wolves and shot, killed - 75
- Three missing Siberian Huskies found dead - 5
- 3 communities may share animal officer - 0
- Merrimack dog owner desperate to find three missing Huskies - 1
- Dock-diving dogs woof it up at Humane Society fundraiser - 0
- Walk for Whiskers to raise money to support shelter - 0
- Falcon recovering from first-of-its-kind cataract surgery - 1
- Monadnock Humane Society board to address executive director's dismissal - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- John H. Sununu: Voters, pick a governor who is serious about the Pledge - 1
- Team Obama: Faking right, voting left - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: This government 'investment' is a bad idea - 0
- Preventing riots: What should Keene do? - 0
- Manchester mayor asks aldermen to hold abandonded property owners accountable - 0
- Residents given Londonderry playing field priority - 0
- NH has 1,300 guardrail ends targeted in federal safety suit - 0
- Carignan promoted to deputy police chief in Nashua - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Meat cleaver has key role in threats, assault case - 0
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
Team Obama: Faking right, voting left
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate
Preventing riots: What should Keene do?