Home » News » Public Safety
Driver killed in head-on collision on Route 16 in Pinkham's Grant
A 911 caller reported that the accident took place in the vicinity of the Appalachian Mountain Club Lodge, Lt. Todd Landry of Troop F in Twin Mountain said in a news release.
"Responding personnel arrived to find that a Toyota Sienna Caravan had been traveling northbound and for an unknown reason crossed the center line and struck a Pontiac Grand Prix head-on," police said.
The driver of the Pontiac suffered "traumatic injuries" and was pronounced dead at the scene. A passenger in that car was transported to Androscoggin Valley Hospital in Berlin for non-life threatening injuries. The driver of the Toyota Sienna and four "youth passengers" were transported via ambulance to Memorial Hospital in Conway, for non-life threatening injuries.
"The name of the deceased and all others is currently being withheld until family notification has been made," according to Landry, who said police would issue that information later.
Personnel from the New Hampshire Medical Examiner's Office, U.S. Forest Service and Gorham Fire and Rescue responded to the scene near the foot of Mt. Washington in the unincorporated area midway between Gorham to the north and Jackson to the south.
The cause of the collision is under investigation headed by Trooper Meredith Favreau, according to police. Anyone with information - including witnesses to the crash - are asked to contact Favreau at (603) 846-3333.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- City police schedule community meeting - 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges in Hollis - 0
- Allen Lessels on Motor Sports: Youngsters eye NHMS - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 1
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 7
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?
Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release