Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Suddenly, Fisher Cats are back in the playoff hunt
Amadeo Zazueta's walk-off double plated Jack Murphy to give the Fisher Cats to a 2-1 Eastern League victory against Trenton before 5,573 fans at Northeast Delta Dental Stadium Sunday.
New Hampshire has won five straight games and seven of its last 10. They open a three-game series Monday in Portland before motoring on to Reading, Pa., for the start of a four-game series against the Fightin' Phils on Thursday. The Fisher Cats currently have a better road record (30-29) than they do at home (32-34).
Trenton relief pitcher and loser Pat Venditte (0-2) started the ninth and issued a one-out walk to Murphy. Venditte was replaced by Danny Burawa, who was greeted by a single from Lance Zawadzki, advancing Murphy to second. Zazueta ended the game with his double to right, easily scoring Murphy.
But New Hampshire leadoff hitter Kenny Wilson matched it in the home eighth, a solo shot to center off Venditte.
Trenton starter Scottie Allen also was impressive, pitching a two-hitter over 6-1/3 scoreless innings on 98 pitches. He walked four and fanned two.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 9
- John Stark's 'We the People' gears up for civics competition - 0
- MCC students get hands-on experience building Manchester home - 0
- Manchester board holds off seeking $22m for building projects - 0
- Nashua survey reveals class sizes as major issue - 1
- Young teacher puts education in motion - 1
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 12
- Nashua school board approves changes in design, hospitality, music programs - 0
- Claremont seeks alternatives to demolishing Stevens High School stage - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: New NHDP campaign calls on Scott Brown to disclose clients - 0
- Glitches resolved in new managed-care Medicaid system - 0
- Two sent to the hospital after Barrington crash - 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 2
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice