Home » News » Public Safety
Brookline man, 20, killed in Mass. car crash; friend charged
Kendell Van Schoick, 20, of Brookline, died in the crash which happened at about 3 a.m. on Friday morning at Bayberry Road Heald streets in Pepperell.
David Riendeau, 19, also of Brookline was charged with vehicular homicide while under the influence of liquor, which is a felony according to a spokeswoman for the district attorney for the Northern District of Massachusetts.
Van Schoick was described on his Facebook page as a student in the high performance automotive program at University of Northwestern Ohio. He had been employed as an automotive technician for Tires Plus, a chain of repair shops based in the Midwest.
Riendeau was arraigned in Ayer, Mass., District Court and released on $5,000 bail on the condition that he not drive a car, remain alcohol free and submit to random alcohol testing. He was ordered to return to court on Aug. 22.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Merrimack fire quickly doused - 0
- UPDATED: One seriously hurt, 12 homeless after early morning Manchester fire - 0
- Snowmobiler injured while riding on Thornton golf course - 0
- Dartmouth under fire for response to incidents of rape on campus - 0
- NH hospital personnel to train for disasters - 0
- Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season - 0
- Driver seriously injured in Londonderry wreck - 0
- Dover snowmobiler dies in Barnstead crash - 0
- Most property owners clear hydrants of snow - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Parents share what 'CJ' taught them - 0
- Gilford High junior surprised by Francis Wayland Parker honor - 0
- Police bill disputed by Stewartstown and Colebrook ends up in court - 0
- New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay - 0
- Arts-based charter high school in Derry begins accepting applications - 0
- Troy voters accept community center donation - 0
- Voters support Bow School District articles - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Nashua mayor: Greeley Park is right spot for playground - 0
Police at scene of Center Ossipee shooting
New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay
Litchfield man found stabbed
Scott Brown's latest step stirs the pot
Hooksett's choices: Leave them to parents