Home » News » Public Safety
Brookline man, 20, killed in Mass. car crash; friend charged
Kendell Van Schoick, 20, of Brookline, died in the crash which happened at about 3 a.m. on Friday morning at Bayberry Road Heald streets in Pepperell.
David Riendeau, 19, also of Brookline was charged with vehicular homicide while under the influence of liquor, which is a felony according to a spokeswoman for the district attorney for the Northern District of Massachusetts.
Van Schoick was described on his Facebook page as a student in the high performance automotive program at University of Northwestern Ohio. He had been employed as an automotive technician for Tires Plus, a chain of repair shops based in the Midwest.
Riendeau was arraigned in Ayer, Mass., District Court and released on $5,000 bail on the condition that he not drive a car, remain alcohol free and submit to random alcohol testing. He was ordered to return to court on Aug. 22.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
- Milford police officers want to meet you for coffee - 1
- Nashua parents: Clean up the sidewalks for students' safety - 0
- Manchester police car in collision at Union and Hayward streets - 0
- Northwood fire prompts firefighters to urge residents to clean chimneys - 0
- Rochester pedestrian, 18, struck, suffers minor injuries - 0
- Haverhill man receives call every homeowner dreads - 0
- Three firefighters recovering after injuries in fast-moving Claremont house fire - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 0
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 0
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth, PSU hit road for tourneys - 0
John Stossel: Budget baloney
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
Several union deals on Windham ballots
Londonderry set to vote on school repairs
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax