Home » News » Public Safety
Brookline man, 20, killed in Mass. car crash; friend charged
Kendell Van Schoick, 20, of Brookline, died in the crash which happened at about 3 a.m. on Friday morning at Bayberry Road Heald streets in Pepperell.
David Riendeau, 19, also of Brookline was charged with vehicular homicide while under the influence of liquor, which is a felony according to a spokeswoman for the district attorney for the Northern District of Massachusetts.
Van Schoick was described on his Facebook page as a student in the high performance automotive program at University of Northwestern Ohio. He had been employed as an automotive technician for Tires Plus, a chain of repair shops based in the Midwest.
Riendeau was arraigned in Ayer, Mass., District Court and released on $5,000 bail on the condition that he not drive a car, remain alcohol free and submit to random alcohol testing. He was ordered to return to court on Aug. 22.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Alderman, chief have heated exchange over police residency requirements - 7
- Winter heating season means homeowners need to be alert - 0
- Teen driver hospitalized following accident in Rindge - 0
- Neighbor won't be charged in shooting death of Rumney chiropractor - 12
- Despite contract provisions, most Manchester police officers live outside city - 24
- Londonderry response team celebrates 10th anniversary - 0
- Police say to expect more arrests in wake of Keene chaos - 6
- Keene police working to identify rioters, notify other colleges of students' participation - 8
- Bedford woman injured when tree falls on her - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- John H. Sununu: Voters, pick a governor who is serious about the Pledge - 1
- Team Obama: Faking right, voting left - 1
- Charles Arlinghaus: This government 'investment' is a bad idea - 0
- Preventing riots: What should Keene do? - 0
- Manchester mayor asks aldermen to hold abandonded property owners accountable - 0
- Residents given Londonderry playing field priority - 0
- NH has 1,300 guardrail ends targeted in federal safety suit - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Meat cleaver has key role in threats, assault case - 0
- Mass. man charged with robbing Tobacco Junction store in Pelham - 0
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Team Obama: Faking right, voting left
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate
Preventing riots: What should Keene do?
Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out
Jonee Earthquake band shakes Shaskeen