Home » News » Public Safety
Two injured after jet-ski explosion in Moultonborough
New Hampshire Marine Patrol officials said Steven Mitton, 56, and the girl were thrown from the vessel. Mitton’s pelvis was broken and the girl suffered a head laceration.
Deputy Fire Chief Richard Buckler said authorities were still assessing the details of the 1:45 p.m. incident.
"It's a gas engine, it can explode," he said.
The two were taken to Lakes Region General Hospital in Laconia. The incident, which is under investigation, happened near Orton Shores off Shaker Jerry Road, Buckler said.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 5
- One-alarm fire kept to chimney area of Bridgewater home - 0
- Nashua woman hurt in Pelham crash - 0
- Man hurt in fall from tree stand in Swanzey - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- State House Dome: Just past Concord session a mixed bag - 0
- Monarchs squeak by Bruins - 0
- Memorial hockey shuts out Trinity - 0
- Dover's Parratto a national champion - 0
- UNH defense comes up big against Redbirds - 0
- St. Anselm men knock off Post - 0
- Leadership, defense made Katie Bishop, of Conway, an All-American - 0
- Jet menace faltered under Rex - 0
- Strong start lifts Bedford to win - 0
UNH loses to Illinois State
Nashua police left rattled by tot's death
A new era for Nashua's police force
Haylee Ann-Marie Patten
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'