Home » News » Public Safety
Two injured after jet-ski explosion in Moultonborough
New Hampshire Marine Patrol officials said Steven Mitton, 56, and the girl were thrown from the vessel. Mitton’s pelvis was broken and the girl suffered a head laceration.
Deputy Fire Chief Richard Buckler said authorities were still assessing the details of the 1:45 p.m. incident.
"It's a gas engine, it can explode," he said.
The two were taken to Lakes Region General Hospital in Laconia. The incident, which is under investigation, happened near Orton Shores off Shaker Jerry Road, Buckler said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man injured in Ohio helicopter crash - 0
- BAE worker suffers electrical shock, injuries not life-threatening - 1
- Tubers lose contact with group, spend night in wooded area - 1
- Abby says it's incredible to be home; mom tells TODAY daughter did not run away - 9
- Dozens of ill Keith Urban fans treated at concert near Boston - 0
- Five hikers rescued in separate incidents Saturday - 2
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 5
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Meriam Ibrahim, Sudanese family arriving in Manchester tonight - 1
- Pembroke couple recovering from injuries in Dixville ATV crash - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Physical Browner brings it - 0
- Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse - 5
- City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us - 2
- Punch line: The NFL blows it - 1
- George Will: A conservative internationalism - 0
- Sox Beat: Red Sox haven't made a deal for Lester — yet - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: The Democrats' cynical impeachment play - 0
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us
Punch line: The NFL blows it
Havenstein says he has always opposed Obamacare, though company he led was paid to implement parts of it
George Will: A conservative internationalism