Home » News » Public Safety
Seabrook man killed in single-vehicle accident Sunday
SEABROOK – A local man was killed and two others were injured after an accident occurred on Stard Road Sunday morning.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 8:58 a.m. after a southbound Jeep Cherokee, driven by the local man, rolled over near 103 Stard Rd. down the street from Chase Way.
Officer John Mounsey said the identities of the driver and his two passengers, who were also men, are being withheld pending notification of the families.
“He’s from Seabrook, we know that,” Mounsey said, adding the passengers sustained non-life threatening injuries.
Firefighters from Seabook, Hampton and Hampton Falls quickly responded to the scene and used hydraulic extrication equipment to free one of the people from a vehicle.
Ambulance crews from Hampton and Seabrook transported patients to Exeter Hospital but the extent of their injuries or an updated status was unknown, according to firefighters.
Mounsey said air bags deployed in the Jeep, but it’s unclear whether seatbelts were worn. He added police continue to look into all aspects of the crash.
“Nothing has been ruled out at this time,” Mounsey said.
Stard Road was closed for about 3 ½ hours. One fire engine remained at the scene until 12:04 p.m., according to firefighters.
Members of N.H. State Police, officers from Hampton Falls and the state Traffic Accident Reconstruction Team responded to assist at the scene, but the investigation is being conducted by Seabrook police.
Anyone with information about the incident is encouraged to contact Officer John Mounsey at Seabrook Police at (603) 474-5200.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
- Wakefield woman dies in crash; Rye woman crashes into utility pole - 0
- Wakefield woman killed in Milton crash - 0
- Portsmouth police locate, arrest driver after accident - 0
- Two vehicle crash in Milton ends with one driver sustaining fatal injuries - 0
- Assisted living facility proposed for Londonderry - 0
- Plaistow police chief passes away after battle with cancer - 0
- Fire damages building at Jaffrey transfer station - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bonners host charity music festival in Portsmouth - 0
- He knows the Memorial Wall, name by name - 0
- NH to host New England governors, Eastern Canadian premiers in Mount Washington - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
Alewives and leeches; fireworks in the rain