Home » News » Public Safety
Seabrook man killed in single-vehicle accident Sunday
SEABROOK – A local man was killed and two others were injured after an accident occurred on Stard Road Sunday morning.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 8:58 a.m. after a southbound Jeep Cherokee, driven by the local man, rolled over near 103 Stard Rd. down the street from Chase Way.
Officer John Mounsey said the identities of the driver and his two passengers, who were also men, are being withheld pending notification of the families.
“He’s from Seabrook, we know that,” Mounsey said, adding the passengers sustained non-life threatening injuries.
Firefighters from Seabook, Hampton and Hampton Falls quickly responded to the scene and used hydraulic extrication equipment to free one of the people from a vehicle.
Ambulance crews from Hampton and Seabrook transported patients to Exeter Hospital but the extent of their injuries or an updated status was unknown, according to firefighters.
Mounsey said air bags deployed in the Jeep, but it’s unclear whether seatbelts were worn. He added police continue to look into all aspects of the crash.
“Nothing has been ruled out at this time,” Mounsey said.
Stard Road was closed for about 3 ½ hours. One fire engine remained at the scene until 12:04 p.m., according to firefighters.
Members of N.H. State Police, officers from Hampton Falls and the state Traffic Accident Reconstruction Team responded to assist at the scene, but the investigation is being conducted by Seabrook police.
Anyone with information about the incident is encouraged to contact Officer John Mounsey at Seabrook Police at (603) 474-5200.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas - 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 2
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 2
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072