Home » News » Public Safety
Seabrook man killed in single-vehicle accident Sunday
SEABROOK – A local man was killed and two others were injured after an accident occurred on Stard Road Sunday morning.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 8:58 a.m. after a southbound Jeep Cherokee, driven by the local man, rolled over near 103 Stard Rd. down the street from Chase Way.
Officer John Mounsey said the identities of the driver and his two passengers, who were also men, are being withheld pending notification of the families.
“He’s from Seabrook, we know that,” Mounsey said, adding the passengers sustained non-life threatening injuries.
Firefighters from Seabook, Hampton and Hampton Falls quickly responded to the scene and used hydraulic extrication equipment to free one of the people from a vehicle.
Ambulance crews from Hampton and Seabrook transported patients to Exeter Hospital but the extent of their injuries or an updated status was unknown, according to firefighters.
Mounsey said air bags deployed in the Jeep, but it’s unclear whether seatbelts were worn. He added police continue to look into all aspects of the crash.
“Nothing has been ruled out at this time,” Mounsey said.
Stard Road was closed for about 3 ½ hours. One fire engine remained at the scene until 12:04 p.m., according to firefighters.
Members of N.H. State Police, officers from Hampton Falls and the state Traffic Accident Reconstruction Team responded to assist at the scene, but the investigation is being conducted by Seabrook police.
Anyone with information about the incident is encouraged to contact Officer John Mounsey at Seabrook Police at (603) 474-5200.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police ready to make a wardrobe change - 0
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- Derry fire displaces five - 0
- Two fall about 50 feet from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072