Home » News » Public Safety
Seabrook man killed in single-vehicle accident Sunday
SEABROOK – A local man was killed and two others were injured after an accident occurred on Stard Road Sunday morning.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 8:58 a.m. after a southbound Jeep Cherokee, driven by the local man, rolled over near 103 Stard Rd. down the street from Chase Way.
Officer John Mounsey said the identities of the driver and his two passengers, who were also men, are being withheld pending notification of the families.
“He’s from Seabrook, we know that,” Mounsey said, adding the passengers sustained non-life threatening injuries.
Firefighters from Seabook, Hampton and Hampton Falls quickly responded to the scene and used hydraulic extrication equipment to free one of the people from a vehicle.
Ambulance crews from Hampton and Seabrook transported patients to Exeter Hospital but the extent of their injuries or an updated status was unknown, according to firefighters.
Mounsey said air bags deployed in the Jeep, but it’s unclear whether seatbelts were worn. He added police continue to look into all aspects of the crash.
“Nothing has been ruled out at this time,” Mounsey said.
Stard Road was closed for about 3 ½ hours. One fire engine remained at the scene until 12:04 p.m., according to firefighters.
Members of N.H. State Police, officers from Hampton Falls and the state Traffic Accident Reconstruction Team responded to assist at the scene, but the investigation is being conducted by Seabrook police.
Anyone with information about the incident is encouraged to contact Officer John Mounsey at Seabrook Police at (603) 474-5200.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gorham voters approve all articles on town warrant - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Jacob Brown - 0
- 2 dead, at least 18 injured in NYC building explosion - 1
- Milan voters support Kenney in tight race, elect two new selectmen - 0
- Auburn police contract approved - 0
- Newton selectmen chairman defeated in election - 0
- Candia to look at alternatives to Central High School - 0
- Goffstown rejects $4.5M fire station plan - 0
NH oil dealer who failed to deliver convicted in Montana of millions in construction fraud
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal