UNH yard sale a benefit for students, environment
More than 20,000 items will be up for grabs at the student-run sale held at the Whittemore Center.
The sale will be held Friday, beginning at 8 a.m. for an early entry fee of $5. Doors open to all at 9 a.m. and close at 5 p.m. The sale will continue on Aug. 24 from noon to 5 p.m. and on Aug. 25 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Alex Freid, a 2013 graduate, helped launch the program in 2011 after noticing piles of items he felt could still be used overflowing from Dumpsters as students moved out.
Fun decorations, posters, and old advertisements for food and drinks are also hot items.
“We hope to engender life-long sustainable living practices in today’s students. By actively participating in waste reduction programs in campus communities, we hope that students will see and understand the value of reusing items when possible, and recycling all else when necessary,” Freid said. “Many students throw things away because there are no easily accessible alternatives out there other than the Dumpster.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA - 12
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Keeping public in the dark isn't helping find Abigail - 26
- The Peace Light: A Christmas reminder for all - 0
- Doing 'less with less' Is that Gov. Hassan's new motto? - 11
- Washington Jeanne: Will Shaheen face her state? - 44
- McWages: They're about value - 82
- Night lights: Francestown freaks out - 1
- Outrage du jour Garcia, Sullivan and victimhood - 31
- Cyber Monday alarm: The sales tax monster rises - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
- Angry birds clash - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Volunteers sought for discipline committees
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
John DiStaso's Granite Status: National Democratic chair to speak at NHIOP in January; Cataldo backs Kenney for Executive Council
- Do you like the new University of New Hampshire logo?
- Total Votes: 383