Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Father's rabbi speculates: 'If he left Joshua alive, his ex won'
Joshua also would spend Mother's Day, Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas with his mother. He would spend Father's Day and seven Jewish holidays with his father in Manchester, according to the plan.
Joshua's mother, now Becky Ranes, is married and lives in Amherst.
Edwin Kelly, administrative judge of the Circuit Court, said Savyon had asked to modify the parenting plan in February of 2012. "He wanted more parenting time," he said.
According to court records, during "a heated exchange" on March 29, 2012, Savyon had told Ranes, "I have snapped. We live in New Hampshire. I have a gun, it's going to be either you or me and Joshua." The court granted Ranes a restraining order against Savyon and ordered him to complete an anger management evaluation "to assess dangerousness."
Last March, Ranes filed for an extension of the domestic violence order of protection, which was due to expire on May 3, according to court records. A hearing was set for Aug. 27 in 9th Circuit Court, Family Division, in Merrimack.
And it was during one of those visits, at the Manchester YWCA, that Savyon shot and killed his son and then himself last Sunday.
Rabbi Levi Krinsky had known the father and son for several years; Savyon brought Joshua to events at the Chabad Lubavitch synagogue in Manchester.
He last saw Muni Savyon the Wednesday before the murder-suicide and said Savyon had just returned from Israel, after the unexpected death of his younger brother there.
"He was losing custody of the only other person in his life, which was Joshua," Krinsky said.
Now, Krinsky said, there are two mothers who are mourning lost sons: Joshua's mother here in New Hampshire and Savyon's mother in Israel.
Then, authorities say, halfway through his 9:30 a.m. supervised visit with Joshua, he pulled out a handgun and shot his son several times before turning the gun on himself.
Asked how he would fix the system for broken families, Krinsky said it's a matter of making children the priority. "A family is the most precious thing we have. We're partners of God. We bring people into the world.
What does Krinsky wish he'd said to Savyon that last day he saw him? "I would tell him simply that every single person that was created on the face of the earth has a purpose and mission in life. The fact that you're born means that you matter in God's eyes.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 2
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 2
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal