Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Autopsy identifies man killed during Weare drug investigation as Manchester man
On Sunday morning, a press release from New Hampshire Attorney General Joseph A. Foster and New Hampshire State Police Colonel Robert C. Quinn identified the deceased as Alex Cora DeJesus, 35, of Manchester.
"Deputy Chief Medical Examiner, Jennie Duval, determined that Mr. DeJesus died as a result of a gunshot wound to the head, and the manner of death was homicide," the statement said.
Senior Assistant Attorney General Susan Morrell said Thursday an undercover drug buy was to take place Wednesday night about 10 p.m. at Dunkin' Donuts at Lanctot's Plaza on Route 114 in Weare. Several Weare police officers, two confidential informants and the male target of the investigation met at the plaza.
At some point during the sting the deal went sour and DeJesus tried to flee. Assistant Attorney General Susan G. Morrell said two Weare police officers fired their weapons, wounding DeJesus.
The Acura crashed a few hundred yards from the plaza and two undercover police cars in close pursuit crashed as well, but neither officer was injured.
DeJesus was transported Wednesday night to Catholic Medical Center in Manchester where he later died.
The investigation into this incident is ongoing.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
- Following drug bust, questions raised about Manchester pizza restaurant - 1
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Fathers of injured teens pleased with order sending back Coco to jail - 0
- Exeter man arraigned in pair of Portsmouth armed robberies - 0
- Pa. man will go to trial for two-state chase - 0
- Arrest made in fake Nashua bomb threat - 0
- Two of Gregory Smart's killers nearing release - 15
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges for Nashua men - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
- Total Votes: 917