Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Autopsy identifies man killed during Weare drug investigation as Manchester man
On Sunday morning, a press release from New Hampshire Attorney General Joseph A. Foster and New Hampshire State Police Colonel Robert C. Quinn identified the deceased as Alex Cora DeJesus, 35, of Manchester.
"Deputy Chief Medical Examiner, Jennie Duval, determined that Mr. DeJesus died as a result of a gunshot wound to the head, and the manner of death was homicide," the statement said.
Senior Assistant Attorney General Susan Morrell said Thursday an undercover drug buy was to take place Wednesday night about 10 p.m. at Dunkin' Donuts at Lanctot's Plaza on Route 114 in Weare. Several Weare police officers, two confidential informants and the male target of the investigation met at the plaza.
At some point during the sting the deal went sour and DeJesus tried to flee. Assistant Attorney General Susan G. Morrell said two Weare police officers fired their weapons, wounding DeJesus.
The Acura crashed a few hundred yards from the plaza and two undercover police cars in close pursuit crashed as well, but neither officer was injured.
DeJesus was transported Wednesday night to Catholic Medical Center in Manchester where he later died.
The investigation into this incident is ongoing.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 0
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 4
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal