Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Autopsy identifies man killed during Weare drug investigation as Manchester man
On Sunday morning, a press release from New Hampshire Attorney General Joseph A. Foster and New Hampshire State Police Colonel Robert C. Quinn identified the deceased as Alex Cora DeJesus, 35, of Manchester.
"Deputy Chief Medical Examiner, Jennie Duval, determined that Mr. DeJesus died as a result of a gunshot wound to the head, and the manner of death was homicide," the statement said.
Senior Assistant Attorney General Susan Morrell said Thursday an undercover drug buy was to take place Wednesday night about 10 p.m. at Dunkin' Donuts at Lanctot's Plaza on Route 114 in Weare. Several Weare police officers, two confidential informants and the male target of the investigation met at the plaza.
At some point during the sting the deal went sour and DeJesus tried to flee. Assistant Attorney General Susan G. Morrell said two Weare police officers fired their weapons, wounding DeJesus.
The Acura crashed a few hundred yards from the plaza and two undercover police cars in close pursuit crashed as well, but neither officer was injured.
DeJesus was transported Wednesday night to Catholic Medical Center in Manchester where he later died.
The investigation into this incident is ongoing.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 4
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Snow could reschedule Super Bowl - 2
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
Hooksett confident contract to send students to Pinkerton doesn't violate Manchester settlement
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424