Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Fishers blast Thunder, 14-4, now 3 1/2 games out of playoff picture
Kenny Wilson, who had the game-winning RBI single in Friday night's 5-4, 15-inning win over the Thunder on Friday night, had three hits for the Fishers, as did Andy Burns. Adam Loewen and John Tolisano each drove in three runs. New Hampshire had four-run fourth and sixth innings in the win.
New Hampshire starter Marcus Stroman went 5-2/3 innings, allowing four runs (two earned), while scattering six hits, striking out six and walking none to improve to 7-4 on the season.
Trenton starter Nik Turley (9-7) gave up nine runs in the loss before being relieved in the fourth inning. The Thunder, coming off that marathon loss Friday night, were forced to use catcher (and Friday night's losing pitcher) Jose Gil as a pitcher for a second consecutive night, this time tossing a scoreless eighth inning.
New Hampshire is now within 3-1/2 games of Trenton for the Eastern Division Wild Card spot with 17 games remaining in the regular season. The teams play for the last time this season on Sunday at 1:35. Thunder scheduled starter Jeremy Bleich had to leave the team Saturday for personal reasons, and Trenton has not announced a starting pitcher. RHP Austin Bibens-Dirkx will start for New Hampshire.
READER COMMENTS: 12
- Fergus Cullen: The Christmas card many of us wish we could send - 0
- Ben Dick: Teachers had good reason to reject Manchester contract offer - 21
- Jonah Goldberg: Obamacare: Silence of the insurers - 5
- George Will: Executive discretion to the extreme - 1
- Charles Arlinghaus: Being better than New Jersey isn't good enough - 1
- Kathy Sullivan: GOP outrage machine might have finally gone too far - 47
- Jonah Goldberg: Triumph of the vulgarians - 2
- Maureen Mann: Labeling genetically-modified foods would help New Hampshire consumers - 16
- David Harsanyi: Ninety-six percent of Americans are wrong about Congress - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford man charged with driving 115 mph on I-93 - 0
- Charges upgraded against man who killed 2 in I-89 crash - 1
- Tilton police search for store robber - 0
- Busy Executive Council confirms judges, PUC commissioner, approves renewable energy grants - 1
- State declares "Air Quality Action Day" in Monadnock region - 0
- Hannaford opening in vacant Stop & Shop building in Exeter - 0
- Charlestown family hospitalized after fire - 0
- No bail for Keene McLeod murder case - 0
- Police identify victim of fatal Milford crash as Merrimack man - 0
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
Drug addicts driving spike in robberies
Money raised for dog hit by snow plow
Dunbarton nixes man's poultry plan