Hanagan 14s fall in Babe Ruth World Series opener
Nick Salcito's RBI double scoring Jon Robinson in the sixth inning was the only scoring the Hanagans could muster in the game.
Starting pitcher Pat Swanson went the distance for Manchester, giving up four runs (1 earned) while scattering six hits, walking three and striking out five.
Longwood starter Brandon Tague went six innings, allowing four hits and four walks while striking out eight. Robbie Scott closed out the seventh for Longwood, which got two hits and three RBIs off the bat of third baseman Jared Tummins.
Next up for Manchester in round-robin play is Pacific Southwest champion Westchester, Calif. The teams meet Sunday at 11 a.m. (Eastern)
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Driver was trying to kill himself