Hanagan 14s fall in Babe Ruth World Series opener
Nick Salcito's RBI double scoring Jon Robinson in the sixth inning was the only scoring the Hanagans could muster in the game.
Starting pitcher Pat Swanson went the distance for Manchester, giving up four runs (1 earned) while scattering six hits, walking three and striking out five.
Longwood starter Brandon Tague went six innings, allowing four hits and four walks while striking out eight. Robbie Scott closed out the seventh for Longwood, which got two hits and three RBIs off the bat of third baseman Jared Tummins.
Next up for Manchester in round-robin play is Pacific Southwest champion Westchester, Calif. The teams meet Sunday at 11 a.m. (Eastern)
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 1
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- AL East looks loaded again in 2014 - 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Belichick’s magic act worthy of honor - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Dolphins seeking AFC wild card - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: The book on Bennett - 1
- NHIAA wrestling at Manchester - 0
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 4
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 1