Home » NewHampshire.com » Outdoors » Forests
Mass. beach alliance seeks funding
Phase one of the project, costing about $3.5 million, was completed this spring. Money to pay for phase two, about $5 million, has been approved. Bids for the second phase are expected to go out within the month.
The letter from the Alliance states, "The north jetty continues to deteriorate and that deterioration threatens navigation and the accelerating erosion of Salisbury Beach.
"The letter added, "Storms destroyed large parts of Salisbury's protective beachfront dunes and damaged many beachfront homes. Hundreds of homes and businesses are gravely threatened."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lyndeborough official would not give up on tree - 0
- A look back at some favorite wines of the year - 0
- These were a few of our favorite things… - 0
- Store-bought snacks? Really? These treats are almost as easy, and much more delicious - 0
- Driver Taryn Laskey is all bark and bite behind wheel - 0
- Lots of chances to laugh on Dec. 31 - 0
- The Amazing Nano Brothers to captivate in Concord - 0
- Documentary marks Backstreet Boys' highs and lows - 0
- Traditional, contemporary photography at Edwards gallery - 0
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Win tickets to see Linkin Park
Enter to win tickets to see Pirate School
Enter to win tickets to see Arc Isis
A new era for Nashua's police force