Mass. beach alliance seeks funding
Phase one of the project, costing about $3.5 million, was completed this spring. Money to pay for phase two, about $5 million, has been approved. Bids for the second phase are expected to go out within the month.
The letter from the Alliance states, "The north jetty continues to deteriorate and that deterioration threatens navigation and the accelerating erosion of Salisbury Beach.
"The letter added, "Storms destroyed large parts of Salisbury's protective beachfront dunes and damaged many beachfront homes. Hundreds of homes and businesses are gravely threatened."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Last week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
- Romney, Fallon betting stakes: Ice cream at 'The Bubble' - 0
- Black Label Society goes 'UnBlackened' at the Casino Ballroom - 0
- Closing the season in style - 0
- NH Club Briefs: Bedford student wins French oratorical contest - 0
- Tom Chapin is talking numbers: specifically, '70' - 0
- NH Club Notes: Danbury Grange to host benefit for fire victim - 0
- St. Patrick celebrations culminate with Manchester parade - 0
- Adam Ezra Group brings road trip to Granite State this spring - 0
Last week's Rare Bird Alert
Closing the season in style
On your mark, get set — gather sap
City 'losing ground' to poverty
Cruz: I can rally the right
3 suspicious deaths in Bedford